Butter Lettuce Salad with Mandarin Oranges, Avocado, Toasted Almonds, Citrus Vinaigrette and Shaved Toma
- 2 small heads butter lettuce, washed, spun dry and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or other lightly flavored vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 2 fresh Mandarin oranges, segmented
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 6 – 8 oz. Point Reyes Farmstead Toma, shaved
Place lettuce in large bowl.
To make vinaigrette, whisk vinegar, citrus juices and shallot together in small bowl. While continuing to whisk, gradually add olive oil until combined. Season with salt to taste.
Toss lettuce with enough vinaigrette to coat, but not drench, the lettuce. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired. Garnish salad with avocado, oranges, almonds and Point Reyes Farmstead Toma. Serve immediately.