**Limited Quantity Available** (If the item is sold out, please check back soon as new batches will become available monthly.)
Quinta, a farmstead cheese, is made by hand at our Point Reyes creamery. Topped with Bay Laurel leaves, it is a soft-ripened, bloomy rind cheese, inspired by the very famous, seasonally-made Vacherin Mont d’Or and its close variation L’Edel de Cléron, both from the Jura mountain region along the French-Swiss border.
Quinta is a small round, about 4” in diameter, weighing about 9oz.
The interior texture is silky-smooth and the rind is fluffy, yet slightly firm with Bay leaves embedded on the top and bottom.
Made on the farm from our own pasteurized cows’ milk, the wheel is wrapped in Spruce bark that has been infused with the essence of Bay Laurel, which is indigenous to the region and ever-present on our farm in Point Reyes. Quinta is meant to be enjoyed at room temperature in a single sitting by removing a portion of the top rind and digging in with a small spoon or cheese spreader.
Why Quinta? This name is especially meaningful to us for two reasons. First, Quinta means Farmstead in Portuguese. Our maternal grandparents were from Portugal so this cheese honors our mom (who would have loved this cheese by the way!) and our Ferreira family heritage. Second, Quinta means Fifth in Spanish. This cheese just happens to be the fifth product in our core line-up, so the name also has significance for our primarily Latinx staff that work so hard (day-in-and-day-out) to make all of our cheeses wonderful.
- Quinta is enjoyable between 30 - 75 days following production
- The younger wheels have a custardy texture with a slight buttermilk freshness and a woodsy finish
- The more mature wheels are softer (and spoonable!) in texture. The richer flavor is filled with fresh creamery butter in the beginning and expands to notes of woodsy-mustard and wild mushroom with a Bay Laurel herbaceousness in the finish
- No matter the level of ripeness, the flavors intensify as you enjoy the cheese closer to the bark-wrapped perimeter
- Don't forget to try the rind! The flavor is delicious with even more Bay Laurel and earthy, mushroomy notes
Note: Please do not be alarmed by Quinta's colorful exterior – spots of white, grey, blue and brown sometimes appear on the bark-wrapped, bloomy rind and are totally normal. No need to worry, it’s what’s on the inside that counts! Enjoy!
Serving Size 1 oz. (28 g)
Ingredients: Cultured, Pasteurized Cows’ Milk (MILK), Salt, Enzymes, Bay Laurel Leaves
- Calories 86
- Fat Cal 59
- Total Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 4.5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 25mg
- Sodium 120mg
- Total Carb 2g
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 5g
- Vitamin A 0%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 140mg
- Iron 0%