Original Blue Recipes
Not to play favorites, but the cheese that started it all holds a special place in our hearts.
Produced on our family farm since 2000, California’s classic style blue cheese is rindless, all-natural and gluten-free. The addictive flavor is bold with hints of sweet milk and a peppery finish.
- Made from raw (non-pasteurized), rBST-free cows’ milk
- Made with microbial (vegetarian) rennet
- Aged 3.5 months
- Certified Gluten Free
- Milky white in color with blue-green veins throughout
- Ultra-creamy texture with medium-strong blue mold flavor
- Sweet, fresh milk with a medium-to-strong punch of blue flavor
Original Blue is great as a stand-alone table cheese, for topping salads, melting onto burgers and steak, mixing into pasta or risotto, incorporating into scrambled eggs and mashed potatoes, and so much more.
Pair with red wine like Cabernet and Zinfandel, where the fruit forward berry flavors and a hint of spicy chocolate play nicely with the peppery finish of the cheese. Pair with malt-centric beers such as Lagunitas Brewing Company's Hairy Eyeball and Imperial Stout. Last but certainly not least, Original Blue and vintage port are outstanding together!
- 2017 World Cheese Awards Silver Award
- 2017 CA State Fair, Gold Award
- 2017 Good Food Awards, Best Cheese
- 2016 World Championship Cheese Awards, 2nd Place
- 2015 Specialty Food Association sofi™ Award Finalist, Classic Specialty
- 2011 Specialty Food Association sofi™ Award, Oustanding Cheese or Dairy
- 2010 California State Fair Cheese Competition, Best in Show
Serving Size 1oz. (28 g)
Ingredients: Cultured Raw Cows’ Milk (MILK), Salt, Enzymes and Penicillium Roqueforti.
- Calories 100
- Fat Cal 70
% Daily Value*
- Total Fat 8g 12%
- Saturated Fat 5g 25%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 25mg 8%
- Sodium 390mg 16%
- Total Carb 0g 0%
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 6g
- Vitamin A 6%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 15%
- Iron 0%
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.