The Fork Flatbread with Eggplant, Roasted Red Peppers, Herbs & Point Reyes Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 store bought Pizza Dough (or your favorite home-made recipe)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small eggplant, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- ½ pound Point Reyes Farmstead Fresh Mozzarella, torn into pieces
- Roasted red pepper slices
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- Crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In oven, heat pizza stone or sheet pan.
Divide pizza dough into two pieces and prepare according to package instructions, rolling each piece of dough into a long rectangle. Par-bake prepared dough on pizza stone for 6 – 8 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
Combine olive oil and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
Lay sliced eggplant on sheet pan and sprinkle with kosher salt. Let sit for 10 minutes and pat slices dry with a paper towel. Brush both sides of eggplant with olive oil and garlic mixture and place in the oven. Cook for 12 – 15 minutes until cooked through.
Assemble flatbread: Brush each flatbread with garlic and olive oil. Top with eggplant slices, Point Reyes Farmstead Fresh Mozzarella and roasted red pepper slices. Return flatbread to oven and bake until hot and bubbly, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with thyme, oregano and crushed red pepper. Slice and enjoy.